How it Works/FAQs
How refills work (local delivery only, not available for shipping):
- Pick a refillable product (under the shop tab).
- If you are a first time buyer, or are not exchanging a bottle/jar, choose the bottle deposit option for the size you want.
- When checking out, choose LOCAL DELIVERY. Specify in delivery instructions which day you prefer (SUNDAY OR WEDNESDAY), where you would like your items left, and any other additional information. You can leave a preferred time for drop-off, although it is not guaranteed, we will try our best to accommodate.
- After you've completed your purchase, your product(s) will be placed at your desired location via contactless delivery on your selected delivery day.
- When you are running low on your product, place a new order using the REFILL selection for desired size & select delivery day.
- Place your rinsed empty bottles/jars at your desired drop off location, (you keep the pumps and sprayers for yourself) and voila! A refilled bottle will be swapped out. Congratulations on closing the loop. Circular economy, baby. High five!
Is there a minimum order price for local delivery? Will I be charged for delivery?
There is a $15.00 order minimum for local delivery. Delivery takes place from Grandview Rd. Delivery Zones and fees are as follows and will be automatically added at checkout:
5 Mile Radius- $2.00
10 Mile Radius- $3.00
12 Mile Radius- $4.00
A pick up location is in the works for those of you who live outside the 15 mile radius!
What days are deliveries?
Orders are delivered Sundays & Wednesdays.
What time can I expect my delivery to arrive?
When your order will arrive depends on how many deliveries are scheduled for the day. You will be notified delivery updates by email or text when your items are en route, and again once they have been delivered.
Why do I have to pay a deposit for bottles?
To keep refill costs low, and the goal of reusing high. This way after your initial deposit, we aren't continuously charging you for containers, and you don't have them piling up without use. We will only accept our own bottles with our labels on them. Plus, we really want to see you again.
Do I have to order the same product to reuse my bottle?
Nope! This is why we keep all of the bottle deposits a flat $2. Want to try a different product, scent, or size? You got it! As long as you have a bottle to exchange, we will bring a new one!
Why glass and aluminum bottles?
- Easy to clean & sanitize
- Glass is made from naturally abundant materials — primarily sand — and it won't degrade over time. Also, glass is nonporous and impermeable, there are no interactions between glass packaging and the products inside.
- Aluminum is infinitely recyclable and highly durable, nearly 75 percent of all aluminum ever produced is still in use today. Aluminum is 100 percent recyclable and retains its properties indefinitely. Plus it's perfect for your shower- accidents happen and you don't want a slippery situation to cause broken glass.
If you don't feel comfortable keeping glass bottles and jars around (We get it- toddlers, animals, enough said), feel free to transfer it into your own container. What a great way to reuse something you have on hand!
How do I know what kind of container my product will arrive in?
If the product doesn't specify that it comes in an aluminum bottle (shampoo, conditioner, and body wash), it will arrive in a glass container.
Will my container come with a pump or sprayer?
When you are choosing a new Refillery TC container, it will specify if it comes with a pump or sprayer. If it doesn't specify, then it comes with a cap. Be sure to KEEP your pumps and sprayers when you are ordering refills, as they will not be replaced.
I don't want to reorder, now what?
No problem, we appreciate that you tried us out! Please email us at email@example.com for us to pick up your bottles when they are empty, and we will refund you your deposits.
How are products packaged when you buy them? Am I really minimizing single use plastic?
Great question! Most of the products are delivered in 5 gallon buckets or carboys. Some of our suppliers take back our containers once they're empty to sterilize, refill and send back to us filled with product. If a company doesn't take them back, we repurpose, recycle or send to local companies to up-cycle! . Need a bucket? Want to know how a specific company operates? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help!
Can I sample a product?
We do not currently offer samples, but are looking into smaller jar sizes for this very reason (as well as for travel size uses). Stay tuned!
What is the return policy?
We are unable to accept returns for refills under ANY circumstances. All body & skincare products are final sale for health and safety reasons. Other products may be returned within 15 days for refund of the total product cost, minus shipping fees. Any returned products must be in completely new, unused, re-sellable condition and are subject to the store's approval. You'll also need the receipt or proof of purchase. The buyer pays return shipping fees, and must contact us to receive a return authorization at email@example.com
Do you ship?
Refillable products are for local delivery only.
We will gladly ship our other sustainable products anywhere in the U.S. We ship via USPS since they swing by your residence daily, with a flat rate of $5.00. Orders over $50.00 ship free. We try to reuse shipping materials as frequently as possible, so don't be surprised to see random boxes and filling.